Saturday, November 8, 2008

celebration.

I'm learning the value of Celebration. Jesus knew how to party, and as children of God, we should definatly party, as we have the ultimate reason to. I really enjoy the parable Jesus told to the Pharisees about the 'Great Feast' (found in the Gospel's...Luke 14:15-24) as it tells such an accurate description of my Pappa.

Some things i'm celebrating:
Front steps. These allow me to learn how to love, even with a language barrier.
My neighbors kids. Their laughter fills the air, along with their uncontrollable knocking on our front door.
Grace. I'm overwhelmed with the amount of it the Lord showers on me daily.
Miss. Melissa. Her sweetness, silliness and encouragement is definatly something to celebrate!

Trees. Their peacefulness, stillness and silence is something I'm learning from.
A place of solitude. This right here has been working beautifully...the sun shining in each morning sends me warmth from my father; a warmth that can only be found in prayer.

Weddings! What better way to to exemplify our relationship with our Creator. (When it's all over, i want to say: all my life i was a bride married to amazement. -Mary Oliver said it well) BUT let's also celebrate weddings of ones we hold dear to in our hearts. I can't contain the joy and excitement of a dear friend who's wedding celebration will be in the midst of the lilies and the leaves coming back to life!
Kentucky. My heart can be found in the red leaves and the blue grass, in the musical makings from Will Oldham and inside the written words of Wendell Berry's poetry...and the ones I love most, no matter how far away i am.

No comments: