Saturday, November 5, 2011

quarter of a century old.

My grandmother, uncle and I all celebrate October birthdays.

 Brunch at The Seelbach's Oakroom.  Ice sculpture surrounded by oysters & artichokes & the best cheese plate i've seen in a while.

 I'm not one that is big on Halloween, but the theme at the brunch was pretty cute.


 Picnic at Bernheim Forrest.

Mulled Wine, Goat Cheese, Apples, Crackers, and my incredible husband, all on one blanket.  Probably one of the best birthday treats.


Making my birthday (and the cake) last.

It was a great birthday weekend.  25.  Now I can say I'm starting to feel old.  I'm no longer in my 'early twenties'.  I've now entered the 'mid twenties', and only a couple more years until 30. (which i hear is the new 20.)  Life is such an adventure, and every year is another blessing.

It was good to celebrate with family and eat yummy cake, a tradition we've held for years.  My birthday, my grandmother's and my uncle's are all in the same week, so we all celebrate together.   Sunday morning Tim and I got all dressed up and enjoyed brunch at the Seelbach's Oakroom. (Tim and I stayed a couple nights there on our honeymoon.  It holds a special place in our hearts.)  Brie on scrambled eggs?  Yes please.  Bacon AND sausage?  Yes!  Five different kinds of cheeses with oysters?  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  It was a great meal.  On my actual birthday Tim took me to a favorite spot of ours.  We've been going to Bernheim Forrest every autumn since we began dating.  We shared a sweet picnic then walked around the pond.  Here we saw a family of deer, a heron and geese migrating!  We tend to recieve these gifts almost everytime we are out on a hike.  I love coming across such grand surprises with my husband.  I would take those moments with him over pretty much anything.

2 comments:

Miller Family said...

Happy Birthday Stephanie! Love all the pictures from your celebrations! The ice sculpture made me laugh out loud!

Stephanie said...

hahaha i know, right? It was a pretty crazy sight.