Sunday, November 3, 2013

Full Circle

So we've now been in NYC for one whole year.  We're enjoying our second autumn in the city.  Beautiful, isn't it? (We get to look our our window every morning and see this!)

We've added a few touches to our apartment to celebrate autumn:



This past week I celebrated my 27th birthday.  26 was a very full year.  27 holds so much more.


Over this year living in Brooklyn, I had been keeping an ongoing 'Only in NYC list'.  I'll share some of my favorites:
Only in New York City...
-Tim can join in a volleyball game with nuns and priests in training. (Prospect Park, 6/15/13)
-Tim and I bike home with two gallons of paint and paint supplies in our bags on our back. (6/15/13)
-People get their dogs confused as their own human children.  Dogs get their own strollers too. (Monday, Tuesday and Thursday mornings, walking to work thru Fort Greene Park, and all throughout NYC.)
-The Farmer's Market is more expensive than the grocery.  It's more for bragging rights.
-I look out my window and see a Chinese Lantern floating in the night sky...at least once a week!
-You become extremely efficient.  Who needs a work out at a gym when you walk up 15 flights of stairs in just one day's commute?

No comments: