These days...rich mullins?...nico?...well, these days consist of both, but most of all, this:
this plot is soon to be extended by 3. I've gardened the past few years, but this is the first year i've gardened without someone else leading the way. it's a bit intimidating, and sometimes i get scared my seeds are not going to grow...then i look out and see small seedlings that had sprouted overnight, which is what keeps me going (and hoping). patience, creativity and more planting is what i feel is the key. Gardens seem so romantic to me, but once you've shoveled and hoed for 3 hours straight...and your muscles are achey and swollen...i face the reality of the hard work that comes with it. I'm very thankful for Tim's help in the digging, fence making and planting, and I'm enjoying helping Tim out in his garden as well. We're hoping there will be a great yield out of both. and next to be planted:
I'm hoping for a decent amount of basil this year so some great tasting pesto can be enjoyed. We'll see how it all turns out.
A handful of bike riding has been enjoyed as well lately. The weather has been just about perfect.
It really is nice to be back in Louisville for spring.
1 comment:
you are cute
Post a Comment