The first farmers market of the season happened yesterday! There are many in Louisville, most on Saturdays, but there are a few throughout the week. These veggies above were grown by some dear friends of mine. It was their first crop ever from their newly started farm, Groce Family Farm! The bok choy was from our friend Nick, owner of Finger Picking Farms. And what better way to celebrate the kickoff to colorful eats than to make a colorful meal! I had some help from these friends:
I had recently bought some Orzo from Whole Foods and brought it along (Tim and i were cooking in his kitchen for this meal). I paired it with some chick peas (warmed up), olive oil and lemon juice. I also sauteed the veggies (tomato & onion were added) in olive oil, added salt & pepper, thyme, basil and a pinch of parsley. Out came a delicious meal that was light and fresh, but still warm and filling.




While cooking, Tim was out preparing his garden for planting. It was great to be in the kitchen preparing a meal to share, then going out and sharing time together while putting my hands to seed and seed to dirt...all while anticipating some tasty eats to follow! Tim's soil is amazingly rich (much better than mine!), so a good yield is very hopeful.
(all photos were taken by Tim's iPhone.)
What do you have growing right now, and what veggies are you looking forward to this late spring/early summer?





No comments:
Post a Comment