Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Book Review: Tender At the Bone

My appreciation for coffee has grown in the past few years, as well as wine, beer and of course, food.  Cooking has become an art, more extravagant at times than others.  The kitchen has become a part of the house where I can use as a creative outlet, no matter how many people are living with me.  Trial and error...and confidence are necessary.

I recently finished reading Ruth Reichl's book, Tender at the Bone and just had to reccommmend it to every food lover there is.  Ms. Reichl was the editor of Gourmet Magazine and years before was a food critic.  The book contains many short stories that connect to one another on Ruth's life, starting as a child and the stories describe how many people, places and adventures had shaped her love for food.  

Other than Ms. Reichl being a very clever writer, I really enjoyed the recipes shared at the end of every chapter.  Each recipe holds a story, a history.  Because of this book, even though my fear and repulse of raw meat still stands, I may even try to make Scnitzel next week...i'll let ya know if it happens.

1 comment:

erin said...

i want to read!!

i want i want i want