Thursday, February 7, 2013

Happy Two.

Celebrating two years of this wonderful blessing of being the wife of the man of my dreams in that great commitment called marriage:

 I made Tim homemade chocolate peanut butter cups for one of his anniversary gifts.  They went along with a book I had sewn.  The book was full of sweet handwritten notes, as well as some photographs of us from the past few years.   Tim booked a room at the Hotel Belleclaire for a night.  Was I surprised!  Living with two (adorable) kids in a Brooklyn apartment and sleeping on a twin mattress on the floor made this quiet 8th floor Broadway King room even more sweet.  (Our room was on the rounded corner, second from the top!)   The stay was completed with a full breakfast from a nearby New York Diner.

We spent the next day at the American Museum of Natural History.  You can spend an entire day there!
 Tim took me to the North American Forest exhibit, knowing how my heart misses the forests of Kentucky.  While in the exhibit there were parts that looked untouched since it was installed around 1950!  It also reminded me of the ChildCraft books I used to read as a kid.

Tim took me to a nice dinner at a great authentic Italian restaurant called Celeste.  We also spent our real anniversary day (February 6th) enjoying happy hour drinks at the neighborhood bar, The Double Windsor and cooking one of the soups our friends had generously prepared for our wedding celebration two years ago.
So many exciting changes have happened during our second year of marriage.  I can say with pure confidence that Tim's made me a better woman by loving me.

No comments: