Wednesday, July 3, 2013

summer in the city

We were told that Summer in Brooklyn is much better than Winter in Brooklyn.  They. were. right.  Absolutely right!  There has been so many fun things to do and summer is not over!  More bike rides.  More exploring.  More book reading.  More being cooled off from the rain on a hot sticky day.  I'm ok with more summer.

Tim & I joined in with the other thousands of Brooklyn-ites to see Patty Griffin live.  Did I mention it was free?  And just a bike ride away?  It was one fun evening.
 Our little summer garden.
Who needs a television when you've got this every evening? (!)
 These cherries were so juicy and so delicious, Tim and I almost finished them before getting back home!
 We've enjoyed walking through Prospect Park on Saturday mornings to the Farmer's Market.  And we enjoy seeing massive amounts of beautiful food piled up like this.
We were so thankful to learn about the compost drop off nearby.  We had been storing it in our freezer...it was getting a bit packed.
This was a fun few hours.  Just imagine summer heat, but a breeze, sitting in the park munching on cherries while reading aloud to your love.  Saturdays are one special day.
Happy 31.5 Tim!

1 comment:

Miller Family said...

Yay! I was so happy to see an update here today! All those carrots are something, wow! I love to see how you two are enjoying the big city. Special times!