Monday, August 19, 2013

holding tight to summer

Tim and I have been making the most of our summer.  This leaves little room for internet time!  Here are some noteworthy memories to share:

A visit home to my dear Kentucky:

4th of July: Hot Dog eating contest at Coney Island.  Yes, it was epic.  And our friend Dyck, who came with us to the contest has sadly moved away from the city.  Best of luck, and I'm sure we'll be seeing you sooner than later!


Tim and I spent the first weekend in August in Twinsburg, Ohio with his brother Christopher and his wife Nicole.  We were there for the annual Twins Days Festival.  Need I say more?



My mom came and stayed with Tim and I for a week!  It was a great visit.  Although I took her around to see all then note worthy sights, we also enjoyed some of mine and Tim's lesser known spots.

We made sure to feed Mama good!  Mexican meets Italian...delicious!

Our absolute favorite spot: Prospect Park.  (our backyard)



Date night!  Free Bluegrass show in Manhattan?  Yes, please!  Tim and I spent this past Friday night enjoying the sounds of Sam Barnes and Friends, followed by a stroll back over to Brooklyn, via Brooklyn Bridge.


There's just a handful of summer left...so go and enjoy!

No comments: