here's a few random things that happen throughout my days here...
-people (white people) tend to donate us food a lot, as well as to our neighbors. this morning someone that works with one of my housemates dropped off two full boxes of spices and cooking oils (and REAL VANILLA!!)! Someone gave us some Penne about a month ago. I just ate some and it tasted a bit funny. i looked at the box and it had 'ATKINS' on it. i just got a stomach full of fiber and protein...
-i wore one of those silk scarves you buy at thrift stores on my head yesterday to cover up the evidence of my unclean hair piled on top of my head (no hair was around my face) and all the kids i work with told me they liked my hair. What hair?! Deng told me i looked 'funner'. I asked him what that meant and he replied "i dunno, like 18 or something."
-the past few days i have just embraced this freedom to share Jesus' name. i mean, i just want to shout it and name drop Him everywhere. I really can't say why, but I like it.
-I had the pleasure of sharing my world here in Clarkston with Tyler and Noel for a few days last week. It was so amazing to have them here and for them to identify with things and people i've been describing to them these past 8 months. It really meant a lot to me that they were here. It was very encouraging and refreshing. I'm so thankful for the people and community God has placed in my life over the last three years. I'm embracing my time here, but i have to admit i'm still excited to be heading back home soon.
-I am loving this spring weather and the early morning sun rises. Besides the garden, i have to say my favorite morning spot is our back porch. That cup of coffee and time with God is irreplaceable.
No comments:
Post a Comment