I found my camera usb cord!!! this means i'd like to start taking more photos again, which links onto having more frequent blog entries. here we go....
After almost four years of sewing by hand, i finally got a sewing machine!! After two weeks, I'm already in need of more thread, and projects are building up.
To follow up on my last post, I wanted to show everyone what I ended up making Tim for Valentine's Day. It's pretty much a Christmas & Valentine's gift combined, as Christmas was a very busy time with family and traveling and birthdays. We decided to hold off on the Christmas gifts, which was fine with me. My favorite gifts are 'just because gifts' anyways. You know those ones you receive on a random Tuesday or snow day. I'd prefer those over the 'holiday gifts'.
I really enjoyed making the card, including a sweet note sewed on the back. I ended up sewing a pretty humorous attempt of a coffee mug on a plain blue t-shirt. It came out alright...i just have the hardest time leaving a shirt the way i bought it. i guess i like to put small personal touches on all of them. The pouch is an iphone case i made just for Tim. i looked up instructions off a blog, which of course, i can't remember the link to. but it was super easy to make and fits perfectly. i had so much fun making these things for him, and i hope to start keeping track of the different projects i work on.
4 comments:
Seeing a photo of a sewing machine is like seeing a photo of a potter's wheel, a container of an artist's paint brushes, or the open case of a musician with the beautiful instrument looking out of the padded interior. Out of these things flow life, creativity, and the possible items that can change a life or make a memory. Knowing how to sew is a lost art and I am overjoyed that you are making a priority to put this little practice into your life, girl! Happy sewing!
how fun! i am/was kind of in the same position.... hand sewing everything... hopefully i'll get a sewing machine sometime too!
:)
oh yeah.... and 'just because' gifts are the best i agree :)
beautifully said alysia! thanks for the 'sewing send off'.
i highly recommend investing in a sewing machine jessica. it's worth it. i bought mine off of overstock.com. a grand total of $62. seeing that it can stitch button holes is what sold me :)
Post a Comment